Skip to main content

Starting a Business in El Paso County

This guide will help those thinking of starting a business and not sure where to start. It will provide resources and contact information for small businesses starting out.

Getting an EIN

An EIN (Employer Identification Number) know as a Federal Tax ID number, is obtained through the IRS. All forms of legal structure, except Sole Proprietors with no employees, must obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN). 

You must first know what your legal structure will be before you apply for your EIN.